- We report directly to the Ministerial Forum
- We actively participate in numerous other groups and forums in the basin, including Landcare groups, Regional Natural Resource Management Groups, Industry representative groups, and Catchment Management Groups.
- We maintain a basin-wide perspective on water and related natural resource management issues in the Lake Eyre Basin
- We work constructively with Government officers delegated by the members of the Ministerial Forum as having responsibilities for Lake Eyre Basin issues
- We liaise with and report to our constituents …. the Lake Eyre Basin community and the broader Australian community with an interest in the Basin, and through this we engender support for the objectives of the Lake Eyre Basin Agreement
- We respond to specific requests from the Ministerial Forum for information, advice, and feedback on basin issues.
The Community Advisory Committee also contributes to achieving the objectives of the Ministerial Forum, such as convening the biennial Lake Eyre Basin conference, development of policies and strategies under the Agreement, and the review of the implementation of the Agreement.
If you live or work in the Lake Eyre Basin, or if you have an interest in the Lake Eyre Basin, then your views are important to us. We would like to hear from you.